- Meat (Beef, Chicken Breast etc…) – Grass fed if possible
- Cottage Cheese
- Whey Protein I personally prefer to chew my protein, but do drink it post-workout (3 times per week)
- Brown Rice
- Black beans – Protein, heart-healthy fiber, antioxidants.
- Sweet Potato
- Barley – Low GI, high-protein, liver cleanser.
- Wheat (bread, pasta, pitta)
Don’t be afraid of carbs, they are important for fat loss, muscle development, proper brain and body functioning. Eat the majority of your carbs post-workout.
Read: The Truth About Carbs
Carbs On Rest Days
- Evening time
- Less carbs (50-100 grams)
Carbs On Training Days
- Lots of carbs (100-250 grams)
All types of vegtables !
I recommend broccoli with your meat based meals.
Broccoli is very powerful anti-estrogenic and anti-cancer food.
The more the better…
Fruits – Should be limited as fruits usually contain lots of sugar that interferes with fat loss.
I only eat:
I swap them every day, with my cottage cheese.
Yes, there are probably more fruits that are allowed but I like to keep it simple and eat one of those every day.
Once you reach weight maintenance phase (6%-8% body fat), you can enjoy a wider variety of fruits as you can eat more calories.
- Avocados – estrogen reducing food, very healthy fats. (half avocado on non-training days max)
- Nuts – estrogen reducing food, very high in calories. Almonds are my top pick. (10 nuts per day max)
- Nut butters – peanut butter, almond butter (consume in low quantities when losing weight)
- Dark chocolate – 70% or more Cocoa
Estrogen management is important to be able to eliminate fat from chest area.
- Water (possible with lime or mint)
- Tea (no sugar added)
- Black coffee (no sugar or milk added)